Who doesn’t love a good chicken dish??? I know I do. The problem is it doesn’t give you much fat…so when I found this recipe I just had to try it.
It is extremely versatile too, so if you don’t like paprika, NO PROBLEM. Simply swap it our for another flavoring. It would work well with peppercorns or even garlic. Yummmmm!
FYI: Paprika is a glorious red spice created by grinding sweet red bell peppers and chile peppers into a fine powder. It is available in sweet, hot and smoked varieties to name a few. Paprika also adds some health benefits to the recipe, such as protecting the eyes from macular degeneration.
I served ours with parmesan baked asparagus.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 (4oz) chicken breasts, skin on
- sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (I used normal because that’s what I had)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skiller over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken on both sides until almost cooked through, about 15 minutes total. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and paprika and bring the liquid to a simmer.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet and simmer the chicken for 5 minutes until completely cooked.
- Stir in the sour cream and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve (topped with parsley)
Nutritional Information (per serving)
NET Carbs: 4g
Total Carbs: 4g