I’ve heard it time and time again when someone decides to give the keto life a go…”but do I have to give up pancakes?” The answer is NO. Now, I am no baker but I have tried and tasted a few recipes and this is the one I keep going back to.
Light and fluffy low carb pancakes that are gluten free and so easy to make. These Almond Flour, Cream Cheese Pancakes are a healthy, sugar free and a perfect low carb breakfast choice.
We all love pancakes in this house, and these gluten free wonders are my new favorite low carb recipe. Some keto recipes contain only eggs and cream cheese, which works well, but tastes a little on the eggy side and to be honest, I feel like they are so flimsy and break so much easier. Others add in coconut or almond flour or both – these two always work well together.
By using the almond flour, you make these pancakes more nutrient dense and they seriously keep you full and satiated until lunch.
On top of that, they are super quick to make. You can almost do it while you’re waiting on the coffee machine. (If yours is anything like mine, it seems to take forever!) The one thing I do recommend is to keep the pancakes on the smaller side to avoid them falling apart. I’ve tried these out A LOT!!
We eat them with cream and strawberries, but here you can obviously be creative. Sugar free syrup with some bacon or even a little sugar free chocolate sauce.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp almond flour (60g)
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese (125g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener (optional)
- butter for frying (personal choice, I don’t)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Fry pancakes in melted butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Turn over once the center begins to bubble. The pancakes should be smallish, about 10-12 cm in diameter. Just the right size to fit them in the toaster the next day should you be so lucky to have any leftovers.
Nutritional info (per 2 pancake serving)
I have not added the butter to the nutritional info – how much butter you use will depend on the type of pan you use.
Total carbs: 3.9g
Net carbs: 2.4g