ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS needed to make this gluten-free, low carb bagel with almond flour fathead dough. They are easy, chewy, and delicious!
Yes I know it looks more like a bread roll but that did not affect the taste and it was LOVED by all family members. To the point the kids actually asked me to make them fresh everyday. (A bit excessive but perfect for a weekend treat)
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10-14 mins
- 1 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 2 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 oz Cream cheese (cubed)
- 2 large Eggs (beaten)
- Sesame seeds (for topping – optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes or a little longer if needed, stirring halfway through. Stir again at the end until mixed well.
- Stir the flour mixture and eggs into the melted cheese mixture.
- Working quickly while the cheese is still hot, knead with your hands until a dough forms. The dough will be very sticky but keep kneading and squeezing through your fingers for a few minutes. If the dough becomes hard before fully mixed, is too difficult to mix or is still sticky after a couple minutes, you can microwave/reheat for 15-20 seconds to soften it. In that case, wash your hands and knead again.NOTE: Make sure the dough is completely uniform before proceeding to the next step. There shouldn’t be cheese separate from areas of almond flour.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Form/roll a long log with each part, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape on the lined baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough. If using sesame seeds, sprinkle them over the bagels and gently press into the dough. (You can also use everything seasoning for everything bagels.)
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, until the bagels are firm and golden.
Nutritional Information (Per 1 bagel)
NET Carbs: 5g
Total Carbs: 8g